Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Siggi's Icelandic Skyr - YUM!

Always looking for new dairy options, I decided to try Siggi's today.  It is a Icelandic-style skyr yogurt made with skim milk from grass-fed cows, agave nectar for sweetness, fruit, active cultures, and vegetable rennet.

I bought the pomegranate/passion fruit flavor at my local Fresh Market.

Let me say - OH MY!  To be made with skim milk and having 0 fat, it tastes pretty dang "fat-full".  And it is SO tangy.  If you have tried Greek-style yogurt, the Icelandic version is MUCH tangier than that.  Tangy, sour, sweet, creamy, and good for you!

I attempted to eat a single serving after lunch and could only eat half of it.  It was a much more intense taste than I expected but I plan on finishing it as a mid-afternoon snack.  I will try the orange/ginger flavor next.  Actually, it's on sale at Fresh Market, so I may just stop by on my way home and get several more!

Siggi also packages the yogurt in plastic containers that use 40%-50% less plastic than most yogurt containers and they come in a little cardboard sleeve that can be recycled.

Go to the Siggi's site to learn more about Icelandic skyr and about Siggi!

No comments:

Post a Comment